My firewall, proxy or anti-virus software is blocking the connection with Prey
Important: There are three main reasons why Prey won’t work even though your devices are connected to the internet. Maybe you’re using a firewall, proxy or specific anti-virus that is blocking the connection between your devices and our Prey servers. But please, don’t worry. This is pretty easy to fix!
Anti-virus softwares can be a real pain in the neck for Prey, unless you enable one specific exception on your list.
To let Prey though your anti-virus software, please:
- Open the app.
- Click the Malware Exclusions tab or any tab that allows you to add files and folders to your anti-virus exceptions.
- Click Add.
- Navigate to the file or folder you wish to ignore (C:\Windows\Prey\current\bin\node.exe).
- Click the file to select it, then click OK.
Firewall or Proxy
If any of these two is blocking the connection between Prey and your device, please open it and follow these instructions:
- Whitelist node.exe (C:\Windows\Prey\current\bin on Windows).
- Allow node access through ports 80 and 443.
- Add solid.preyproject.com, panel.preyproject.com, control.preyproject.com, and exceptions.preyproject.com to your allowed sites.