How to Use Location History to See Past Locations (New Panel Version)
Prey's Location History allows you to review your device's past locations in order to track them more efficiently, and even review the device's movement throughout the day, hour by hour.
In order for the location history to display as much location data as possible, make sure your account's Aware Tracking settings are set to On, in the Settings menu, under the Device Management section.
How to Access Location History
Log into your Prey Panel and click on the device you're interested in. There, below the device card, you will see the Location History section. Come on, give it a click.
Reviewing a Device's Location History
When entering the section, you will see a map with all the different location pins generated in the selected date, on top of all the control zones you have created in the area.
In this screen, you will see:
1. Your device's general information and the calendar. By default, the view displays the current date. If there is no location available to see on that date, you will be recommended the nearest date for which we have location pings. Dates with location pings are highlighted in the calendar.
2. Location pins. Each of these pins represent a GPS ping received in that location. If you click on it, you will be able to see additional information, such as the estimated address, ping accuracy and time at which the ping was received.
3. Aggregated pins. When multiple location pings are near each other, Prey will aggregate them in one pin, showing how many location pings are contained. Click on them, and the map will automatically zoom in to display all aggregated pins individually.
4. Export to CSV button. This button will generate a CSV with all of the device's recorded locations.
5. Control zones in the area. You will see all the control zones that have been created for that particular map area, as colored translucent circles.
And that's it! Now you'll be able to know with full details where each of your devices are.
If have any questions regarding Location History or any of the other Prey features, or are in need of assistance, don't hesitate to contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org - our support team will be more than happy to help.