How to Troubleshoot a Desktop Prey Configuration
Updated Experience on Desktops:
Hi there! We've recently updated our configuration process for those users who install Prey on computers (Windows macOS, Linux).
Now, after the installation is completed, you will be prompted to configure and link the device to your account through a website that automatically opens when the installer is done.
This is a more intuitive process that allows the use of Social Logins, both for new accounts and to link them to an existing Prey access. Plus, you got a new friend there too!
Did the configuration fail?
Maybe your connection dropped out, or the website didn't open. What's important is that your device isn't showing up in your Control Panel and we want to fix that right away. There are two possible ways to do this, depending on the case:
Your device isn't linked to an account:
To prompt Prey to open the configuration website again, execute one of the following commands as an administrator, depending on your device's operating system.
- Windows: C:\Windows\Prey\current\bin\prey config panel
- Mac: /usr/local/lib/prey/current/bin/prey config panel
- Linux: /usr/lib/prey/current/bin/prey config panel
Your device is linked to a Prey account:
To force a new configuration on your device, execute one of the following commands on the terminal as an administrator, depending on your device's operating system:
- Windows: C:\Windows\Prey\current\bin\prey config panel -f
- Mac: /usr/local/lib/prey/current/bin/prey config panel -f
- Linux: /usr/lib/prey/current/bin/prey config panel -f
Still experiencing configuration errors? Try this:
If the new configuration flow continues to fail, try executing the following command as an administrator to run the old configurator:
- Windows: C:\Windows\Prey\current\bin\prey config gui
- Mac: /usr/local/lib/prey/current/bin/prey config gui
- Linux: /
usr/lib/prey/current/bin/prey config gui