Mass Deployment for iOS
Before We Start
You can find your Setup API Key on your About page, on the Setup API Key section. Click on it to save to the clipboard.
With Profile Manager or any other MDM (the process is basically the same):
1. Download Prey for Profile Manager from Volume Purchase Program.
2. Go to Users (or Groups) > Settings > Edit.
3. Search on left menu: App Configuration > Configure.
4. Write ‘ com.prey’ on Bundle ID and upload the configuration file ManagedAppConfig.plist with your API Key number. Press OK.
You can find the ManagedAppConfig.plist file here.
If you have trouble saving the script, try deleting the header and keeping the body.
5. Go to Users (or Groups) > Apps > ‘+’ and Select the Prey app.
6. Press the Save button to send the configuration to the devices.
7. Open Prey from device.
Configuring Prey with your QR code
If your device fleet is at use and you're not able to install Prey personally, you can also ask your team to download the Prey app normally, and then send them your account's unique QR code for configuration. This QR code works like your API key and will set up your account's configuration on the devices without having to enter your secret account credentials.
You will find your QR code by clicking on the +Protect New Device button in the top of your main dashboard.