What actions does Prey have?
Prey can be used to help in the recovery of stolen devices, secure your devices and data. How, exactly? Check out the features we have in store for you.
- Message: Prompt a customizable message on the devices' screens.
- Alarm: Ring an alarm so you can locate your device immediately if it’s nearby.
- Mark as Missing: Set your device to Missing mode and get periodic reports which include hardware information,
active Wi-Fi connection and neighborhood, location, pictures and screenshots (this one for laptops only), among other relevant information.
- Lock: Lock down your device’s screen and use a customized password to unlock it.
- Location: Check your device's real-time location from the map as many times as you wish.
- Camouflage: Make the Prey app pretend to be a game (iOS only.)
What Extras Does the Enterprise Version of Prey Include?
- File Retrieval: Download files remotely from a device. If they are iOS devices, you can retrieve contacts and images only (iOS 9.0 and higher only.)
- Wipe: Delete your computer's files and folders remotely. On Android devices you can wipe the whole SD card and factory restore them. iOS devices can be factory restored as well. On computers, you can either enter the folder to be deleted, select one of the pre-loaded modules, or both. Learn more about the Wipe feature in this article.
- Disk Encryption: Encrypt your device’s data using the native BitLocker encryption available for Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise and Education users. Learn how to remotely encrypt your data in this article.
- Mass Actions: Execute any of the above Prey actions on up to 100 devices at the same time.
- Control Zones: Create multiple zones on the map where devices should or shouldn't be. As soon as you activate devices to the zone, Prey will notify you by email anytime the device enters or leaves the area.
- Automations: Build powerful automations that will automatically execute actions upon certain conditions.
Important Information for Linux Users
We only provide official Linux support for Ubuntu systems. It is only a tiny fraction of our users, and most of them run Ubuntu. Let us know if we can help you with anything else by reaching us at firstname.lastname@example.org.